Magaluf is one of the best party areas in Majorca, a little Ibiza popular for the endless nights, the beach and the entertainment. Leisure is really cheap in Magaluf and lots of people book a week break with friends from year to year. Although it’s a holiday destination full of British tourists, there’s also people from around the world. In fact, Magaluf tourism is becoming really diverse.
This recent renovation in this mature tourist area was started by many hotel chains in order to change Magaluf and Palmanova, making important renovations at the different establishments and offering more specialized hotels oriented to travellers of higher purchasing power. They try to maintain a wide offer of services and enhance the surroundings, while taking advantage of the natural resources in this area of Majorca.
Some themed hotels in Magaluf are an extra for the travellers of the 21st century like The Fergus Resort by FERGUS Hotels; Sol Wave House and Sol Katmandu, both from Sol Hotels brand by Melia; Grand Hotel Portals Nous by Iberostar Hotels & Resorts, closer to the area of Puerto Portals and Bendinat, in the coast of Calvia and within a few minutes from Magaluf.
Sun and beach
Despite Magaluf concept is changing, some traditional characteristics remain: Magaluf is a sun and beach destination, safe and quiet with all sort of health services for travellers and natural areas where to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and the great weather. At the coast we can find:
- Magalluf beach: the idyllic place for beach holidays, friends’ getaways or romantic escapes near fabulous hotels. Its restaurants, kind people and the beach high quality make Magalluf beach a perfect destination.
- Palma Nova beach: near Magaluf beach and full of services oriented to families.
- Son Matias beach: the quietest beach in this area, with a leafy pine grove giving swimmers shade on summer hotter days.
- Palmira beach: relaxing and quiet atmosphere with excellent services.
- Santa Ponsa beach: the beach of this small town is a great spot for travellers with kids. Its quiet waters, high quality services, parking and charming marina are just great in summer.
- Unspoiled beaches as Portals Vells or El Mago beach.
Sports and daily entertaining
Magaluf and Palmanova offer thousands of possibilities to enjoy your holidays to the fullest. From watersports to golf, gastronomy and parks to have fun with the children or friends.
- Inside the hotels: darts, tennis, volleyball, golf or ping pong.
- Marinas and Sailing and diving schools.
- Bike and car rental for guests.
- Outdoor pools.
- Chill out bars and beach clubs.
- Theme parks for kids: Marineland…
- Water parks: Western Park
- Restaurants offering typical and international gastronomy along paseo maritimo in front of the beach.
More and more party
Magaluf offers some of the best parties in the island. The great and vibrant atmosphere dominates this area in Majorca, which has always been a meeting point for British tourists coming to enjoy springbreaks and exciting summers. Laughs, cold beers at seafront terraces and the best discos in the island are the key factors of these entertaining holidays. Moreover, Magaluf is just 20 minutes drive from Paseo Maritimo in Palma, which is another key advantage for going out in Majorca.
- BCM Planet Dance Night Club: a traditional party club at summer nights in Majorca and ranked 6 out of the 100 best clubs in the world.
- Heaven: the perfect place to enjoy pole dance and lap dance.
- Panama Jack. Someone at the entrance tells you: “The party ends with the breakfast, ok?”