Do you know that best thing about the winter months is that they are an excellent opportunity to get to know the island’s incredible natural environment? At Sol Hotels, not only do we love the wonderful Mallorcan beaches, but we are also passionate about its green trails and the magic of its mountains.
For some years, Mallorca has been a perfect destination for hikers due to the large number of hiking and cycling routes that you can experience across the island. Winter and spring are seasons in which a large number of hikers from around the world get together, all eager to get to know the great beauty of Mallorca’s landscape. Are you ready to discover the very different side of Mallorca?
A walk through the Tramuntana
The impressive Sierra de Tramuntana hides beautiful roads and routes that are worth getting to know during your holidays in Mallorca. These are some of the most popular:
- Barranco de Biniaraix: probably one of the most typical trips to do near the picturesque town of Sóller. Of medium difficulty, this excursion consists of climbing a ravine via a paved road with approximately 2,000 steps.
- Puig de l’Ofre: A ‘must do’ for those who love to complete different routes. The “mysterious volcano of Mallorca” hides legends that you can get to know during the route of great natural beauty, to the ascent of this 1,090 metre high mountain.
- Massanella. The second highest mountain in Mallorca, and one of the most beautiful excursions on the island. This 1,364 metre high peak is situated near the traditional town of Lluc.
- La Trapa is ideal to do with children. You will enjoy the incredible views of the island of Dragonera and discover the old monastery of La Trapa which is a ‘must do’ stop.
- Torrent de Pareis. One of the most famous trips on the island. It follows the route of a fast flowing stream that descends to the beautiful beach of Sa Calobra, one of Mallorca’s gems.
- The Tower of Cala en Basset. A very accessible route that circulates around Andratx, and one of the few that is not part of the Tramuntana. This excursion leads to the Tower of Cala en Basset, an old defense tower with special views and legendary tales of pirates and buccaneers.
Get to know the incredible natural paradise of Mallorca and book your early holidays at Sol Hotels. Have a great time at the Sol Kathmandu Park, relax and pamper yourself at our exclusive Sol House and enjoy partying Mallorcan-style at the vibrant Sol Beach House. Explore Mallorca your way!